You own a rooted Micromax A116 Canvas HD. Everything is going well. You are in love with it. However accidents do happen while playing with system files. There comes a point where you need to get your device into a service center. Or maybe you’re thinking about selling it. That’s when you want to flash it back to stock firmware. As a rooted phone = warranty void. So today we are going to guide you on how to unroot Micromax A116 Canvas HD smartphone. If you want to know about rooting, take a look at What is Rooting?
- Also read: Micromax A116 Canvas HD with 5-inch HD display, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, Android 4.1 announced
NOTE: Before you begin, make sure you take all the necessary backups. All data shall get erased. Make sure USB debugging is enabled.
- SP Flash Tools
- download drivers (If drivers don’t work download the ones here)
- download stock Micromax A116 firmware
Steps to Unroot Micromax A116 Canvas HD:
- Install the Micromax A116 Canvas HD drivers from above
- Next you must extract and open SP Flash Tools. Also extract S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16__flasher_user.rar to a folder on your desktop.
- Click on the Scatter-Loading and the program will ask you the location of the scatter loading file. Browse to the MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt in the extracted S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16__flasher_user folder and select it.
- Now, you will see that the flash tool has populated the map file on the application window, you will see multiple entries. Leave them as it is. Don’t untick anything.
- In Flash Tool, go to Options and Click USB Mode so that it is enabled. Again go to Options > DA Download All > Speed > Force to high speed.
- Now take out the battery, SIM Card and SD Card out of your Micromax Canvas HD A116.
- Now on the opened SP Flash tool window, click the Download button. Ignore the warning messages and click on ‘Yes’
- Now connect your phone with battery and everything out and Volume Up key held. It will start flashing your phone with the stock firmware. If your device is not detected, install the drivers and try again.
- The Flash Tool will start the flashing process, the progress of which can be viewed from a yellow progress bar at the bottom of the Flash Tool
(Don’t interrupt this process as it can potentially brick your device)
- After the process completes, a Green Ring will appear on your device signalling that the process was successfully completed
- Now you can disconnect your phone. Put the battery and everything inside and power it on and run throught the setup process and you are good to go.
Congrats fellas! Your phone is back to stock firmware/you have unrooted your Micromax A116 Canvas HD. Whichever way you see it. You also have your warranty back. In case you wish to root it again, you can always follow up on our [How To] Root And Install CWM Recovery On Micromax A116 Canvas HD guide. Don’t forget to subscribe to our email updates. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep in touch with the latest updates. Share this with your friends and fellow flashers on FB, Twitter, Google+ or even over a chai at the canteen. And for any doubts, you could drop us a comment which will be addressed pronto! Any problems, or bugs, we’re here to set life right again.