XOLO Launches “World’s Fastest Smartphone” , XOLO X1000. The Intel partnership with Lava continues, and the Xolo X1000 is the latest Intel Medfield-powered phone. Showing off some so-so benchmarks, a curved 4.7 inch full HD Screen and some other design features the Xolo X1000 was launched in Goa. It’s powered by a 2 GHz Intel Atom Processor with Hyper threading along with a PowerVR SGX540 clocked at 400 MHz.
The launch of the XOLO X1000 builds upon the successful introduction of the first Intel-based smartphone last year, the XOLO X900. We congratulate Lava on the new XOLO X1000 and believe that consumers will appreciate the increased performance and computing experience that comes with Intel Inside. said Debjani Ghosh, MD, Sales and Marketing Group, Intel India”
Xolo X1000 Specifications
- 4.7-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive touch screen 2.5 D Edge-to-edge curved glass display at 312 ppi
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 2 GHz Intel Atom Z2480 processor with a 400 MHz PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- 8 Megapixel camera with BSI sensor, LED Flash, 1080p video recording and burst shots.
- 1.3 MP front-facing
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- 9.1 mm thick and weighs 140 grams
- Full HD 1080p video playback
- 3G HSPA+ 21 Mbps, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, GPS / aGPS
- 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, up to 32 GB expandable memory with microSD
- 1900 mAh battery
1 Word , DISAPPOINTED !
Questions , Questions Everywhere ?
- Android ICS out of the box ?
Why ? With even low end phones coming with jellybean out of the box, “The world’s fastest phone” dosen’t even come with jelly bean ! They say it will get a JellyBean update very soon, we ask why not launch it a week later with jellybean preloaded ?
- Is this really the world’s fastest phone ?
It has now been revealed that the device will sport a 2 GHz Intel Medfield Z2480 system on a chip instead of the rumoured Clovertrail chip. Xolo claims this is the fastest phone, but since we have already seen phones(like the Motorola Razr i) sporting the Z2480 chip, we beg to differ.
- 2Ghz SINGLE CORE !
It may be powered by a 2Ghz intel processor with hyper threading but the fact of the matter is that is Single Core. AGAIN not the fastest !
At INR 20,000 the price seems reasonable enough for a 4.7 inch HD Screen and a 2Ghz processor. But the question is , with the Galaxy Grands and the micromaxes selling like hot cakes, will this Intel based smartphone be able to survive ?
The Memory of the Xolo X1000 is 8GB and it has 1GB of RAM, making it limited when compared to several other devices presently in the market. Compared to many other budget smartphones launched in India, we aren’t too optimistic about the success Xolo may have. Only Time will tell.