Just a few days ago, Micromax promised its A110 Canvas 2 users of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update. And today, this Official Micromax A110 Canvas 2 Jelly Bean Update has finally been put up on the Micromax FTP site. In case you are unsure of the procedure to manually update to Android 4.1. Jelly Bean or using SP Flash Tools, it would be better to get the handset upgraded from the Micromax Service center. Although it may be a few days before service centers download the update.
In case you want to update to Stock Cynus T2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM with ROOT access, you can refer to our previous article on [How To] Update Micromax A110 Canvas 2 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
- Download Drivers
- For windows 7 64 bit users, if you find error while installing the drivers due to lack of digital certificates then download MT6577 USB VCOM drivers.7z
- SP Flash Tools
- V3_120313_Update to Jelly Bean ROM
How to update Micromax A110 Canvas 2 to V3 ROM:
1. Install the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 drivers from above
2. Next you must extract both SP Flash Tools and V3_120313_Update to Jelly Bean zip files. Open the SP Flash Tools
3. Click on the Scatter-Loading button and browse to the MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt within the extracted S9081_MP_F4.1_B1_IN_MMX_1.10 folder
4. In Flash Tool, go to Options and Click USB Mode so that it is enabled. Again go to Options > DA Download All > Speed > Force to high speed.
5. Now Switch off the phone completely.
6. Now on the opened SP Flash tool window, click the Firmware->Upgrade button. Ignore the warning messages and click on ‘Yes’
7. After performing upper step connect your phone to your PC.
8. Assuming that the drivers have installed properly the upgrade process will start. The Flash Tool will start the flashing process, the progress of which can be viewed from a yellow progress bar at the bottom of the Flash Tool
(Do not unplug / disconnect / abort the process unless you see the OK message)
9. After the process completes, a Green Ring will appear on your device signalling that the process was successfully completed
It may take a little longer to start for the first time and you will see the superfone logo for a little longer time, it’s normal.
Flashing CWM recovery + ROOTING on Stock Jelly Bean V3:
- Download CWM Recovery package from here
- Rename the file to recovery.img and go to the S9081_MP_F4.1_B1_IN_MMX_1.10 folder and replace the original recovery.zip with this one
- Now Click on the Scatter-Loading button and choose the MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
- Now, you will see multiple entries, just uncheck all entries except for Recovery
- Now click on Recovery and choose the clockworkmod recovery.img (placed within S9081_MP_F4.1_B1_IN_MMX_1.10 folder). Make sure that nothing other that Recovery is checked. Click Download
- Now switch off your phone and connect your phone to the PC with Volume Up key held. It will start flashing your phone with the new recovery.img.
- The Flash Tool will start the flashing process, the progress of which can be viewed from a yellow progress bar at the bottom of the Flash Tool
(Don’t interrupt this process as it can potentially brick your device)
- After the process completes, a Green Ring will appear on your device signalling that the process was successfully completed
- Now you can disconnect your phone and boot into recovery mode via the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button. Choose Recovery mode from the next screen. You should now see the CWM Recovery menu
- Flash the SU binaries if you want root. Just place it in the SD card go to CWM recovery and select the option Apply Update from SD Card
- Now you have CWM recovery + ROOT access on your Micromax A110 running stock Jelly Bean V3
Alternative Easier Method: Flash Stock Jelly Bean V3 using CWM recovery [Pre-Rooted]
- Root your Micromax A110 Canvas 2 and install CWM recovery using our guide (Skip this step if you have already rooted with CWM recovery installed)
- Download this CWM flashable zip. (all credits to paplu3 on XDA). This zip file is a CWM flashable version of the V3_120313_Update to Jelly Bean ROM
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to your phone’s Internal Storage
- Switch off your phone and enter CWM recovery by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously till the screen lights up
- A screen will ask you whether you want to go to Recovery or to Factory mode. Press Volume Up to go to CWM recovery mode
- Select the Install Zip from SD card option and browse and select the zip file you downloaded in step 2
- After the installation of the zip file completes, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache. Also go in Advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Click on reboot phone now
The easiest method according to us is the one using CWM, especially if you have already installed CWM recovery on your device. The CWM flashable zip is PRE-ROOTED. So no trouble of following another guide in order to root after you’ve flashed the official V3 Jelly Bean update. Good luck.
Software Release Notes:
- Operating system is upgraded from ICS to Jelly bean
- M! Store is removed
- New wallpapers are integrated
- Software is backward compatible with old TP available(BYD Make)