HAVING RECEIVED MANY MANY REQUESTS! WE HAVE DECIDED TO MAKE THIS AN UPDATED ARTICLE! MORE AND MORE TESTED TWEAKS( Other than the top 10 mentioned here) WILL BE ADDED WITH EVERY PASSING DAY :) DO READ THE “UPDATED TWEAKS” BELOW!
Millions of people downloaded the app and jailbroke their iOS devices ! Cydia repositories came under tremendous pressure and buckled under the load of the millions downloading all those awesome tweaks to give their iOS device that new feature it always lacked.
Many of the people who jailbroke their devices had done it at some point before, however, there were many who did it for the first time and now had no idea where to get those cool tweaks or even which tweaks to install, after jailbreaking. For them and many others out there, here’s a list of top 10 Cydia tweaks, with a guide on how to add the repo:
How to ADD Sources :
- Open Cydia by tapping the Cydia icon from your Springboard.
- On Cydia’s main screen, tap the Manage tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Sources.
- Tap the “Edit” button at the top right, then the “Add” button at the top left.
- Now enter the Cydia/APT URL, type in the address and hit Add Source.
- Tap Add Anyway whenever it is applicable.
Top 10 Cydia Tweaks : [Updated Weekly , Bookmark this page]
This cydia app will allow you to have animated android like live wallpaper on iOS and works very smooth without causing any crazy lag or any other problem. You are given a pretty cool wallpaper to start with, called Bubbles, the default version has very limited settings but is buttery smooth even on the free version. READ MORE
If you are one of those few people who adore their iPhone and can’t bare to move to another mobile OS, but secretly find yourself jealous of those Android owners who have that awesome option of drawing a pattern on their device each time they want to unlock it, then worry no more as the jailbreak development community has been looking out for you.
Android fans always score over iOS fans when it comes to customisation. Widgets are something which iOS for some unknown reason always ran away from. Well that’s what Jailbreaking is for right ? This Cydia tweak let’s you add android style widgets, there are a bunch pre-loaded into the app, and they can easily be resized and moved around your home screen.
This tweak vastly extends your device’s Notification Center, providing essentially everything you could ever need from within iOS’s pull-down menu. Features include improved Mail support, Extended Calendar, Twitter / Facebook, RSS Reader, and Quick Reply, among many others.
Like many other features which apple just refuses to add, notifications and important messages on the lockscreen probably tops the chart. Why o why apple ? Any ways for all those who ever wished for the said feature, this app is just apt for you!
Springtomise2 & Winterboard :
This tweak is arguably the only app you’ll ever need in order to customize your device. Whichever element you’re looking to modify, be it your status bar, icons, text, whatever, you can do so with Springtomize 2. Created by Saurik, this is the original theming app for iOS. WinterBoard differs somewhat from Springtomize in that it focuses on the overall look of the lock screen and home screen. If you don’t feel like theming yourself, there are trillions of pre-made themes available online and through Cydia, so there’s bound to be a look to suit you.
Now here’s something really cool, sick and tired of your boring old carrier logo on the top left corner of your screen ? Well now you can change it ! With over 100 icons to chose from , go give it a batman logo or may be even the superman one, add your favourite football crest and much more !
SBSettings is, many would say, the most useful tweak on the Cydia store. If you have jailbroken before, you’ll already be more than aware of its capabilities, but for the uninitiated; SBSettings provides an easily accessible menu of all your device’s key functions in any one place. Once activated, one can toggle Wi-Fi, 3G, Data, Location Services, Brightness, Airplane mode, and other features on / off with a simple tap, as well respring / reboot / lock / safe mode or power off with absolute ease. Oh Apple, please make this a native feature!
Activator allows you to assign various activation methods to perform certain beahaviors. These be based on a variety of gestures, such as swipe, tap, shake or sequential pressing of physical buttons.
UPDATE: Other than the above top 10 Cydia Tweaks, there’s one tweak which is a MUST HAVE : iFile which is a file manager.
Updated List [ New Entries]
The above are just some of the best top 10 cydia tweaks out there. There are many ( more than you can imagine ) and each has something the other lacks. It comes down to you , the user as different people want different things. Anyhow here are some more tweaks which are great if you want to have a go :
- Emblem : mac style notification for the ipad
- ActiveDock : This tweak will add the OS X like dock features to your existing iOS Device Dock. Read More..
- iFlux : A subtle tinge of the evening yellow
- overboard : A swipe and you have an android like view of all the different homescreens on 1 page.
- Barrel : a beautiful transition animation(s)
- InfiniDock : unlimited number of apps in dock
- AppLocker : Lock any app with a passcode
- Airblue : Bluetooth sharing tweak !
- Protube HD : The best replacement for stock Youtube App ! I repeat : THE BEST !
- Retinapad : Make any iphone app run on iPad
- HarlemShake : VERY popular ! Make your iPhone/iPad do the Harlem Shake via this cool cydia tweak : Click Here
- AutoAppKiller : Is your iPhone/iPad lagging after jailbreak ? Use THIS cydia tweak to help clear RAM !
- BatteryLoggerPlus : Know How Fast You Battery Drains via This Cydia Tweak
- SwipeSelection : If the normal “magnifying glass” type default apple selection/editing tool annoys you, We strongly recommend to use SwipeSelection
- AppStat : This cydia tweak will allow you keep track of the amount you spend on each application along with the count of how many times the app was used. This handy cydia app will help you see what you spent most of your time on your device.
- AUXO: Dont like iOS’s current multitasking methods ? Try AUXO, it offers a preview of your app’s current state, and while this is useful in itself, it also looks a great stretch better than the stock offering.
MORE TESTED TWEAKS BEING ADDED EVERYDAY ! DO BOOKMARK US AND RETURN FROM TIME TO TIME ! HAVE ANY QUERIES ? DO LET US KNOW IN COMMENTS :)