UPDATED STUDENT DEVELOPER UNLOCK!
***********PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING***********
Disclaimer : FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
- Since the APP HUB IS UPDATED FOR WP8 , THERE WILL BE SOME DIFFERENCE IN THE TUTO WITH THE APP HUB THINGS, SO MAKE SURE YOU DON’T GET CONFUSED.
- Important : The college site is down on weekends for maintenance.
- Make sure you follow it step by step and do not skip any step unless one is completed. If you do not get the email from the college , it may be due to server downtime, and I would suggest you check the email after a few hours.
- Making a fresh Hotmail ID is recommended because the Apphub has been updated and uses it at the registration tool.
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE TUTORIAL FIRST AND THEN PROCEED WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS.
Video Update Coming Soon : Will make one soon with new steps. Follow the screen shots and the rest of the tutorial for now.
So here is how to register your phone as a developer phone FOR FREE. You can deploy upto 10 XAPs to your device. Also, you can unlock 3 Windows phone using 1 Live ID.
1.The most important step is to get a free student account ( i.e an “edu” email address)
First of all make a new Live account HERE
You THEN need to sign up HERE
At the signup page, Follow the screenshot, do exactly as I have done :
- SSN number you’ll get here, copy and paste it without the “-” , for example if you get the SSN number 123-45-6789, you have to paste it in the SSN box on the college website as 123456789 without quotes.
- Make sure you save all this information with you, in a notepad.
- Also make sure you add your real address for the permanent address so that it gets accepted.
- In ‘Your College Account’ you need to add a 4 digit number which will be a part of the email you receive, save that email in your notepad.
- Download the image for better view.
After you have done the part from the image above and you submit that form, you shall get your STUDENT ID, save that ID in the notepad as well.
Here you login using the college ID, do not use “@email.bakersfieldcollege.edu”, just use the part before that.
Once you login , you’ll get a google accounts page , go to the bottom of the page and click on “I Accept. Continue to my account”
Now this is the college email ID. Keep it open. Go HERE and login using the Live ID you just made.
Next follow this link .
You will now be asked to sign-in with your Live ID or you will be taken HERE directly.
These are the options to be selected :
1.What country do you live in? – United States
2.How would you like to verify? – Verify as a Student
3.How would you like to verify your account? – Get verified through my school
Then click continue
Next page is “Get Verified With DreamSpark”
1. United States
3. Los Angeles
Select “BakersField College” in School Selector
The following page should ask you for the EDU email address, enter it.
Once you’re done here, you should get a verification email in your .edu email, so go check it out and click on the verification link. Congrats ! You now have an edu email and a dreamspark account !
i.e , click HERE and enter the verification code that is provided to you in the edu email.
Now create an Apphub account and link it to your Dreamspark LiveID.
(a) After Dreamspark is verified, go to the App Hub – home, register your Windows Live ID and signup as a student. It will ask if you have a verified your Dreamspark account.
Enter these :
Country/region of residence or business : United States
Account type : Individual or student
Select this option if you want to sell apps as a sole proprietor or using your DreamSpark student account.
Tick the Legal Terms
Enter Your Details
Email ID has to be the Hotmail/Live ID
Address 1 : (anything you want)
City : Los Angeles
Postal code : as you selected
State/Province : California
Country/Region: United States
Enter Publisher’s name: i.e your unique name
Payment options: I’m a student
Your annual Dev Center subscription is free with a verified DreamSpark account. If you don’t already have a DreamSpark account click Next to get one for free.
you will get a page with :
We’ll send you an email with instructions to confirm your account. In the future, we’ll also use this email address to send you messages about critical updates to your account.
Now go to your Live/Hotmail ID and verify the account.
If you have Windows 8 installed on your desktop/laptop as your primary OS then you need to follow THIS for a WP7 device.
Or if you have it, just
(c) Run the Windows Phone Developer Registration tool. Sign in with Windows Live ID you registered at the AppHub, connect your phone and make sure its screen is unlocked.
Voila! Your Windows Phone is now developer unlocked!
You can unlock 2 other Windows Phones with the same Live ID for a total of 3 phones.
NOTE: You can also download the MINI SDK HERE, instead of the big one.
Feel free to drop in your suggestions in the comments section below.
surya467 – Dexter’s LAb